While we were in Larbert High School, Mr. Martindale (Aimee's supervising teacher) mentioned that there was an assembly at 11:00 that we might want to attend, where a group of Masai Warriors was presenting a program.
Well, I'm all about seeing new things so Kurt, Aimee, and I were in for a real treat. I didn't know how much of a treat until the leader came back toward our area. I'm thinking the whole time, "Please don't pick me, please...I'm an American guest. Please don't embarrass me." You guessed it, out of all of the teachers and kids in the multi-purpose room, he chose me. Some other students, teachers, and I
We were paired with one of the Warriors and at the appointed time we were to go to the front, face one another, then jump as high as you could. Well, I didn't know anything about their culture, abilities, rituals, customs, etc. Then I quickly found out that they can JUMP really HIGH. That's right, basically flat footed jump a good 36+ vertical inches. I know that sounds high...and it is. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was experience I hope to never forget and I'm sure that the audience won't forget what they saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment